A Present from Jackie Freer

In an innovative way, Jackie used a painting to do her reflections for the final day of the workshop - and I got it as a gift! This telling and thoughtful work was a revaluation of her 'painting' methodology  using her normal ground, a canvas.  The process was multifaceted and the result a gift - both for her and I. Within the making, the thinking and the experimentation, creativity is nudged to that special place - 'What If'? Spray paint, paint,  apposite text, wax and collage creates a work that is meaningful on many levels for both me, as the receiver and Jackie as the giver. Where there is free exchange, whether it be material, or intellectual, a place of creative joy opens.  It's often a hard-won place, the end of one journey, but the beginning of another.  Many thanks Jackie - we have got to know each other well, and I'm privileged to continue this journey with you.


Comments

  1. Don't know why I can't see your comment - going to leave one myself to see what happens...comment comment comment XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Press the 'notification button'? But I can't post another post so have to sort this out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The point was Process, BUT...

Module 1, Workshop 1 Reflective Journal Pages